Boston Common’s sixth annual impact report comes when the rights of women and their ability to access healthcare are in question, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has investors reconsidering their approach to repressive regimes, financial players are being asked to combat gun violence, and ESG investing is under attack by journalists, politicians, and other investors. In the midst of this challenging environment, we continued throughout 2021 in demonstrating our authentic approach, addressing urgent systemic issues where we see opportunities to create an impact including climate change, widespread inequity, and inadequate access to health care.
- Made three significant firm-level commitments:
- Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative
- Deforestation-Free Forest-Risk Agricultural Commodities by 2025
- Finance for Biodiversity Pledge
- Engaged carbon-intensive companies regarding responsible refrigerant management
- Deepened our work on racial and gender equity
- Addressed human rights in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR) across sectors
- Advocated for the SEC to adopt new climate disclosure requirements
While our work continues into 2022, we welcome your input and feedback on our 2021 results.
Managing Director/Head of Stewardship & Engagement